Ever suffer from brain fog? Fatigue? Weight gain?In this week’s edition of the SuperHealthyMe podcast, we learn all about functional medicine and correcting the things in our diets that make us fat, unfit, and tired.
I talk about how the food industry has hijacked the advice about healthy and nutritional eating by converting diet advice into profits. I quote from research by the Center for Science in the Public Interest and its Nutrition Action Health Letter.
My guest this week is Dr. Carri Drzyzga, known internationally as “The Functional Medicine Doc.” She is committed to helping patients find the root cause of their health problems and fix the cause with natural treatments so they can feel normal again.
She has been in private practice since 1996, and is founder of Functional Medicine Ontario in Ottawa, Ontario.
Dr. Drzyzga holds two doctoral degrees in Chiropractic and Naturopathic Medicine. Additionally, she has training in Functional Medicine and The Kalish Method, and is a Certified Gluten Practitioner. Always an avid learner, Dr. Drzyzga has obtained a level of expertise in her profession that no other doctor in Canada has achieved to date.
Among other things she discusses:
- How she overcame her battle with fatigue
- The four most common nutrient deficiencies that cause low energy
- How poor digestive health can actually fuel fatigue
- Food allergy testing – The good, bad, and ugly that most doctors don’t talk about
- It may be all in your head – The brain’s role in fatigue